"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Power of Words.


The Power of Words

Words are important. They bring ideas into the physical universe.

At times, the phrases we continually repeat - often without thinking what we are invoking - may have quite unintended consequences.
An example would be the frequently used word "last" as in "in my last e-mail" or "their last newsletter". Rarely we mean that our e-mail or their newsletter should really be "the last one", but our words imply it. Using "latest" instead of "last" would be much preferable.
There is an old saying - the devil is in the details. So - better watch out!

How many times have we set goals, visualized our desired outcome, created and repeated positive affirmations, and yet still not achieved what we had hoped? There are numerous potential causes for this. Sometimes its simply a matter of WORDS.

Every sound we utter sends out an energy wave that aids in creating our world. With every sentence we speak we are improving or destroying our health, relationships, finances, etc.

The most powerful example I've ever heard was a story told to me directly by the woman who had the experience. This woman had developed an incurable disease of the eyes. She was quickly going blind. Her physicians said there was NOTHING they could do. Being very determined and not liking what she heard, she turned to alternative therapies for a possible cure - something she never would have done had she not been in this desperate situation. A friend recommended she see someone that did crystal healing. She thought that sounded ridiculous but decided to give it a try. During her appointment, the crystal healing therapist asked her to describe herself, her life, etc. and she let her talk for about 10 minutes. Suddenly, the therapist stopped her and said "Did you know that in the last 10 minutes you said the words 'I hate to see' 15 times?" The woman was shocked. She used the words "I hate to see" before many things. "I hate to see the way the world is going." "I hate to see how they are treating the children in schools." On and on she made reference to "I hate to see" this or that. This was literally an eye opening experience. She switched her words and now years later has perfect vision.

HOW MANY WORDS DO WE USE THAT DESTROY OUR DESIRES?
NEVER NEVER NEVER say "I'm Sorry." Two of the most powerful words in the English language are the words I AM. These words tell every part of you - your personality, your subconscious, your ego, your spirit - who you are. They define WHO YOU ARE. Be very careful what you place behind those words. When you say "I'm sorry," you are saying that WHO YOU ARE is a sorry individual. Replace the words "I'm sorry" with "I apologize." Anyone who eliminates the words "I'm sorry" from their vocabulary will increase their self esteem almost immediately! The same goes for "I'm sick." "I'm tired." "I'm stupid." - you get the idea. Replace those with "I feel ___" and eliminate the stupid comment altogether.

SO WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GOAL ACHIEVEMENT?
Another very important aspect of conscious language is the LAW OF FOCUS. Whatever we place our attention on is what we create. It's important to focus on the positive thing we desire rather than the negative thing we want to avoid. For example, never focus on NOT AGING. Focusing on not aging ensures that you will age and quickly. Instead focus on being healthy, vibrant, and youthful.

An interesting and often overlooked part of all this is the need to avoid words that are negating a negative. What the heck do I mean by that? A word like LIMITLESS is actually drawing the subconscious mind to focus on LIMITS. This is NOT what we want. So saying something like LIMITLESS ABUNDANCE is placing limits on the abundance.

An example from my own life is the word EFFORTLESS. In the past when I made affirmations, I would typically end them with the words "easy, effortless, and fun." An example might be "Having a wonderful relationship is easy, effortless, and fun." This was actually drawing EFFORT into my life. Since I have eliminated that word and now only use "easy and fun" EVERYTHING has shifted. We sold our house in 2 weeks because it was "easy and fun." - and there was no EFFORT involved. Doug's immigration process to the U.S. was taken care of in less than 2 months. There are many, many other examples of how this has made things move very quickly and easily for us.

Review your own affirmations and the words you say out loud or just to yourself and see how POSITIVE you are actually being. It does make a difference!

The Power of Words
by Takara

Previous post
.

No comments: