"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Monday, April 20, 2009

The first post.

OK guys, this is my blog.



I intent to use this page to promote Oriëntal healing, such as acupuncture, shiatsu, hand-and foot reflexology, mental healing and a lot more stuff like this. I'll come up with remedies and suggestions I gathered over the past 30 years while travelling the globe. My first visit to the oriënt in 1975 got me straight into physical and mental practice at my apprenticeship at the Kodokan Judo Institute in Tokyo, Japan.
Other trips brought me to the U.S., Mexico and Colombia where I had the pleasure smoking my first joint in Cartagena. Bogota and Medellin weren't too bad a place to be at that moment, where now drugs-cartels are operating and make it dangerous places to be.

I felt more at ease in the East. I mean Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai are so beautiful which makes it quite simple to love these places. Of course I went to see Hong Kong with it's Peak, and stopped in Singapore where one wouldn't think about spitting or littering. Columbo and New Delhi are on my list  and too many more to mention. The beer however I drank in Ermita, Manila in the early 80's, was the one that made me decide to stay for a while. I ended up working there for another 7 years, where I 'joint' the local and international movie-world and had the pleasure to be part of at least 22 movies in that period.

The Philippines is well known for it's mental healers, helots. Many of them are making it a big show with fingers penetrating the body to remove tumors. Some of those helots however do things which cannot be explained and they seem to be able to cure many a patient.
I experienced these qualities when suffering a hernia in '84. And believe it or not, I was able to walk and move without any pain after one massage only from my barrio-friend Andy Pajardo.

I have many things to tell. A lot happened and I will share it with you. My manuscript "A Dangerous Life" will be published in Dutch and English.

Please enjoy your trip through this blog, you are invited to place your comments./

Bert E. Spoor


No comments: