Cucumber is a vegetable that belongs to the same family as pumpkins, zucchinis and other squashes. It has a dark green skin, which reveals whitish or very light green flesh, when peeled. There are basically two types of cucumbers - the pickling varieties and the slicing varieties. Of these, the pickling variety is relatively small, around 2 - 4 inches long. Most of us know that cucumbers have cooling properties and are extremely good for bringing relief to the eyes in summers. However, they are associated with a number of other health and nutrition benefits too. To know about them, read on.
- Raw cucumber, when applied on the skin, can help reduce heat and inflammation.
- The diuretic, cooling and cleansing property of cucumber makes it good for skin.
- Fresh cucumber juice can provide relief from heartburn, acid stomach, gastritis and even ulcer.
- Placing a cucumber slice over the eyes not only soothes them, but also reduces swelling.
- Daily consumption of cucumber juice helps control cases of eczema, arthritis and gout.
- Cucumber has been found to be beneficial for those suffering from lung, stomach and chest problems.
- The potassium in cucumber makes it useful for the problem of high and low blood pressure.
- Cucumber contains Erepsin, the enzyme that helps in protein digestion.
- Cucumber juice is said to promote hair growth, especially when it is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach.
- Cucumber juice, when mixed with carrot juice, is said to be good for rheumatic conditions caused by excessive uric acid in the body.
- Cucumber can prove to be beneficial for those suffering from diseases of the teeth and gums, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
- Being rich in minerals, cucumber helps prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
- Cucumber has been associated with healing properties in relation to diseases of the kidney, urinary bladder, liver and pancreas.
- Those suffering from diabetes have been found to benefit from the consumption of cucumber/cucumber juice.
Nutritional Value of Cucumber
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of raw, unpeeled cucumber
- Carbohydrates - 3.63 gm
- Sugars - 1.67 gm
- Dietary Fiber - 0.5 gm
- Fat - 0.11 gm
- Protein - 0.65 gm
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.027 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.033 mg
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.098 mg
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.259 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.040 mg
- Folate (Vitamin B9) - 7 μg
- Vitamin C - 2.8 mg
- Calcium - 16 mg
- Iron - 0.28 mg
- Magnesium - 13 mg
- Phosphorus - 24 mg
- Potassium - 147 mg
- Zinc 0.20 mg
List of health problems ( and the cure ! Click !!)
B...FRUITS, (should be eaten on empty stomach)
..BEE STING VENOM,
..EGGS, EGG SHELLS
..HEMP OIL, ..HONEY,
..KURKUMA/TURMERIC(yellow and black)
~~OTHER HEALTH TIPS~~
CANCER . Fight-and cure cancer with the right food..
EAT and LOSE weight,
WATER, hot/cold water and Heart attack,
CVA - STROKE ? ... Sing !!.....!!
HERNIA, Nucleus Pulposus,HNP,
MIGRAINE, and pressurepoints
GASTRIC ACID (heartburn),
Hyper Baric Oxygen Therapy, HBOT,
TOOTH ACHE ,
LARGE INTESTINE BACTERIA
SODA DRINKS , what happens inside your body?
WORK-OUT, Create your own gym,