If you have gained weight, you are getting more calories than you burn in a day.
Each time you feel the urge to eat something, drink a glass of water......!!!!
When we look at food as filler or a snack, we tend to eat more than we need. However, if we look at food as energy or fuel (which is what it is), we can learn to eat only the amount we need. Let's look at the basic types of food you will need to eat to lose weight.
* Proteins: Everyone needs protein of some sort. Although meat is the most common form of protein, even vegetarians and vegans need protein. Beef is a great protein, but it should only be eaten in moderation if you are trying to lose pounds. This is because it tends to be higher in fat than other meats. Poultry and fish are both excellent foods to eat when you want to lose weight.
* Nuts ( not peanuts !!)also provide protein, in a tasty package. They are actually good for you and can give you the healthy fats that you will still need to consume. Eggs and beans are also full of protein.
* Fiber: This helps your colon remain clean and keeps food moving along. If you are seriously looking for foods to eat in order to lose weight, here are some crucial suggestions. Vegetables are often high in fiber; broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, celery, and many other veggies are prime examples. If you get bored with the same vegetables every night, shake things up by making them into a casserole or stuffing peppers.
* Do not bother with processed grains or white rice; these have next to zero nutritional value. Instead, go for whole grain foods (but not if you are counting carbohydrates). A sprinkling of bran would add an extra boost of fiber to those veggie muffins, as well.
* Fruits can also provide fiber. Strawberries, apples, and oranges are well known for being rich in fiber. Fruits are some of the easiest foods to eat to lose weight - they are luscious and there are plenty of choices. If you choose to eat oranges, don't peel off all that white membrane surrounding the fruit. That part has the highest fiber content of all. If you are counting carbohydrates, go for low carbohydrate fruits such as berries.
* If you make the changes suggested on this page, you will find that your menu is always exciting. The best part will be losing weight as you enjoy these healthy foods.
* Protein - it is a thermic food and it can actually help you get in shape quickly. Fiber/veggies - fibers are a very good food choice as they give minimal calories for good quantity of food. Therefore, you will have a filled feeling with fewer calories. Having some good carbs like wheat, oats in breakfast and after workout can help you replenish glycogen in muscle and keep you energetic for the workout and in turn you can burn more calories. But don't take much carbs in non-active hours.
* Eliminate refined (processed) carbohydrates). Eat a meal about every three waking hours (5 or 6 meals per day). You will not be eating more food; you will simply be spreading it throughout the day. Each of those five or six small feedings should contain at least 15 grams of unprocessed protein (from natural sources) for a female or at least 20 grams per feeding for a male. This will speed up your metabolism and help to curb any food cravings.