Parsley is also rich in vitamin A, well-known for its effects on vision, plus can mitigate risks of atherosclerosis and diabetes.
..cleanses the blood,
..dissolves sticky deposits in veins,
..maintains elasticity of blood vessels,
..facilitates removal of moderately sized kidney and gallstones,
..treats deafness and ear infections,
..and benefits the sexual system.
..Chewing parsley prevents bad breath!
..It's also good as a remedy for bruises: crush up some parsley leaves and apply to the affected area.
..Good for the heart. The folic acid in parsley is a critical nutrient in cardiovascular health. Specifically, folic acid helps convert potentially dangerous homocysteine into harmless molecules, a process that protects blood vessels and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
..Parsley contains volatile oils that have been found to inhibit tumor formation in animal studies, particularly those in the lungs. The oils are not only cancer-fighting, they're also known to neutralize carcinogens including those found in cigarette smoke and charcoal grill smoke.
..Parsley also contains folic acid, which has been found to help prevent colon and cervical cancers.
- Internal use
- This bitter aromatic herb is used to relaxes spasms, reduce inflammation and helps to clear toxins from the body.
- It is said to inhibit tumor-cell growth while stimulating the digestion and the uterus.
- Parsley is also used internally for menstrual complaints and edema.
- It is also used for ailments of the lower urinary tract and to prevent renal (kidney) gravel (stones).
- Furthermore, it can be used in flatulent dyspepsia, dysuria, rheumatic conditions, cystitis, prostate problems, indigestion, colic, anorexia, anemia and arthritis (roots and seeds). It is also used after childbirth for promoting lactation and contracting the uterus (roots and seeds).
- External use
- The leaves have some itch relieving properties if applied externally.
- Aromatherapy and essential oil use
- This oil made from parsley seed is helpful for water retention, stimulating the kidneys as well as helping with menopausal problems.
- It helps to cleanse the blood and boosts circulation and eases muscle spasms.
- On the skin, it helps clear bruises, is a tonic to the scalp and is said to help with head lice.
- Boil the leafs: